You have no items in your shopping cart.
Section I, "The Essentials," is the study and practice of basic voicings and their application to songs.
Section II, "Above and Beyond," will expand your skills and knowledge with the addition of more sophisticated voicings, colour notes, a more pianistic style of playing, and skills to harmonize a melody.
Here's what you will learn:
- Open any fake book or sheet music with chord symbols and be able to play a tune
- Teach your student how to play a tune by demonstrating it at the piano
- Accompany yourself or another singer or instrumentalist on any type of tune - swing, ballad, Latin, or other
- Get a solo piano/vocal gig
- Use the piano as a helpful tool to practice vocal improvisation
- Analyse the chord changes to a song and understand the function of each chord within the progression
- Double-check published lead sheets for accuracy, or creatively embellish your own
- Improve your composition skills by being able to play and hear the tunes you write
- Become a better-educated singer, instrumentalist or teacher of jazz, with a thorough understanding of the music and the confidence that goes along with it.
The CD is included to provide a model for how the exercises should sound when played correctly, musically and with good piano technique. Also included in the book is 14 jazz piano etudes, a catalogue of chord symbols and colour notes, and a glossary.
Bk/CD, 128 pages
|Short Description||Michele Weir: Jazz Piano Handbook|